Love Tennis

Join our tennis forum and community. Share your passion for the sport with us.

TOPIC: A Federerwatch Thread

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Mar 2012 14:42 #22368

  • Big Al
  • Big Al's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1994
  • Thank you received: 70
It would be brave to pick a winner of Miami right now :unsure: .

I wonder if Nole is really in a slump,a victim of his success last year or just saving his best for the majors.

But , its surprising and great to see how well Federer is still playing against the younger players at their peak. Can he beat them over a five setter though :blink: ?
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2012 14:49 by Big Al.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Mar 2012 14:53 #22371

  • Dark Necrofear
  • Dark Necrofear's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6935
  • Thank you received: 252
vivahate wrote:
Federer and anyone in his camp HAS to be pleased and a little surprised with how things have transpired since that unacceptable loss at the USO last year.

GO ROGER!!

Allez!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 12:04 #26172

  • mojoworking
  • mojoworking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4503
  • Thank you received: 1069
Three way battle for no.1 post-Wimbledon:
www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/06...tention-For-No1.aspx

The gist of the article is:

1) If Nole reaches the final, Nole stays no.1
2) If Rafa wins the title and Nole fails to reach the semis, Rafa becomes no.1
3) If Roger wins the title and Nole fails to reach the final, Roger becomes no.1

I think 1) is the most likely of the three, but the no.1 ranking will be up for grabs again at Flushing Meadows, if not before...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 12:25 #26175

  • vivahate
  • vivahate's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 5542
  • Thank you received: 959
mojoworking wrote:
Three way battle for no.1 post-Wimbledon:
www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/06...tention-For-No1.aspx

The gist of the article is:

1) If Nole reaches the final, Nole stays no.1
2) If Rafa wins the title and Nole fails to reach the semis, Rafa becomes no.1
3) If Roger wins the title and Nole fails to reach the final, Roger becomes no.1

I think 1) is the most likely of the three, but the no.1 ranking will be up for grabs again at Flushing Meadows, if not before...

no.3 please, Roger only need 2 weeks to have the record outright :pray:
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2012 12:25 by vivahate.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 14:41 #26188

  • mojoworking
  • mojoworking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4503
  • Thank you received: 1069
vivahate wrote:
mojoworking wrote:
Three way battle for no.1 post-Wimbledon:
www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/06...tention-For-No1.aspx

The gist of the article is:

1) If Nole reaches the final, Nole stays no.1
2) If Rafa wins the title and Nole fails to reach the semis, Rafa becomes no.1
3) If Roger wins the title and Nole fails to reach the final, Roger becomes no.1

I think 1) is the most likely of the three, but the no.1 ranking will be up for grabs again at Flushing Meadows, if not before...

no.3 please, Roger only need 2 weeks to have the record outright :pray:

I would like that too viva, but I would be happier with a 17th slam than breaking Sampras' record ;) I am hoping that Roger ends up in Nole's half of the draw - that way he can hopefully stop Nole getting to the final :pray:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 14:55 #26189

  • choka
  • choka's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1828
  • Thank you received: 9
mojoworking wrote:
vivahate wrote:
mojoworking wrote:
Three way battle for no.1 post-Wimbledon:
www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/06...tention-For-No1.aspx

The gist of the article is:

1) If Nole reaches the final, Nole stays no.1
2) If Rafa wins the title and Nole fails to reach the semis, Rafa becomes no.1
3) If Roger wins the title and Nole fails to reach the final, Roger becomes no.1

I think 1) is the most likely of the three, but the no.1 ranking will be up for grabs again at Flushing Meadows, if not before...

no.3 please, Roger only need 2 weeks to have the record outright :pray:

I would like that too viva, but I would be happier with a 17th slam than breaking Sampras' record ;) I am hoping that Roger ends up in Nole's half of the draw - that way he can hopefully stop Nole getting to the final :pray:

As the Fed fans hoped Rafa would beat Nole, I do hope Nole is in Fed's half.
I actually thing Roger has a better chance of beagting Nole on grass than he does of beating Rafa.
But anyway a Rafa vs Roger final would be nice :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 14:57 #26190

  • mojoworking
  • mojoworking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4503
  • Thank you received: 1069
My favourite winners for Wimbledon this year:

1) Roger
2) Rafa
3) Del P
4) Anyone but Nole or Murray
5) Nole
6) Murray

I think that just about sums it up :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 15:22 #26191

  • liam_valid
  • liam_valid's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 3024
  • Thank you received: 93
mojoworking wrote:
My favourite winners for Wimbledon this year:

1) Roger
2) Rafa
3) Del P
4) Anyone but Nole or Murray
5) Nole
6) Murray

I think that just about sums it up :lol:

i would love to see tsonga win this barring rog and rafa
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 15:54 #26192

  • IconA
  • IconA's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1835
  • Thank you received: 110
choka wrote:
As the Fed fans hoped Rafa would beat Nole, I do hope Nole is in Fed's half.
I actually thing Roger has a better chance of beagting Nole on grass than he does of beating Rafa.
But anyway a Rafa vs Roger final would be nice :)

Only for Nadal fans! We all know what the result would be.

I'd like to see another Federer-Murray final, I enjoyed their AO final a couple of years ago, and the first Brit to win since the year dot / Federer aiming to equal Sampras' 7 Wimbledons would make for a genuinely historic final.

The thought of Rafa/Nole volume 1000 is very dreary, but that's what I'd put my money on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 19 Jun 2012 17:46 #26193

  • choka
  • choka's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1828
  • Thank you received: 9
IconA wrote:
choka wrote:
As the Fed fans hoped Rafa would beat Nole, I do hope Nole is in Fed's half.
I actually thing Roger has a better chance of beagting Nole on grass than he does of beating Rafa.
But anyway a Rafa vs Roger final would be nice :)

Only for Nadal fans! We all know what the result would be.

I'd like to see another Federer-Murray final, I enjoyed their AO final a couple of years ago, and the first Brit to win since the year dot / Federer aiming to equal Sampras' 7 Wimbledons would make for a genuinely historic final.

The thought of Rafa/Nole volume 1000 is very dreary, but that's what I'd put my money on.

Oh dear me no, not to see Andy getting thrashed again :unsure:
In fact I think I'd like to see that actually :lol:
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2012 17:54 by choka.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 20 Jun 2012 07:33 #26202

  • mojoworking
  • mojoworking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4503
  • Thank you received: 1069
liam_valid wrote:
mojoworking wrote:
My favourite winners for Wimbledon this year:

1) Roger
2) Rafa
3) Del P
4) Anyone but Nole or Murray
5) Nole
6) Murray

I think that just about sums it up :lol:

i would love to see tsonga win this barring rog and rafa

I would like to like Tsonga but he is just too flaky. The fact that he failed to beat Nole in Paris when he had him by the short and curlies really put the icing on that cake :nope:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 20 Jun 2012 07:35 #26203

  • mojoworking
  • mojoworking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4503
  • Thank you received: 1069
choka wrote:
IconA wrote:
choka wrote:
As the Fed fans hoped Rafa would beat Nole, I do hope Nole is in Fed's half.
I actually thing Roger has a better chance of beagting Nole on grass than he does of beating Rafa.
But anyway a Rafa vs Roger final would be nice :)

Only for Nadal fans! We all know what the result would be.

I'd like to see another Federer-Murray final, I enjoyed their AO final a couple of years ago, and the first Brit to win since the year dot / Federer aiming to equal Sampras' 7 Wimbledons would make for a genuinely historic final.

The thought of Rafa/Nole volume 1000 is very dreary, but that's what I'd put my money on.

Oh dear me no, not to see Andy getting thrashed again :unsure:
In fact I think I'd like to see that actually :lol:

I bet Rafa and Nole are gagging to see Murray in their half of the draw :laugh:

Murray in the final? No thank you. There's the small possibility that he might win :ohmy:
Last Edit: 20 Jun 2012 07:36 by mojoworking.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 20 Jun 2012 07:45 #26204

  • IconA
  • IconA's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1835
  • Thank you received: 110
I know we're going slightly offtopic here but...

I don't get the dislike of Murray. I do get irritated by his moaning, but when he's playing well I enjoy his shotmaking and find his game pleasant to watch.

Plus as a Brit I really do want to see a British player finally win another major, preferably Wimbledon.

Finally, do people not think, despite disliking him, that he's too good a player not to win a grand slam? That it would be a real shame for him to finish his career without one?

Maybe I'm too much of a softie, but I don't like seeing good players not fulfill their potential.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 20 Jun 2012 08:46 #26208

  • Dark Necrofear
  • Dark Necrofear's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6935
  • Thank you received: 252
IconA wrote:
I know we're going slightly offtopic here but...

I don't get the dislike of Murray. I do get irritated by his moaning, but when he's playing well I enjoy his shotmaking and find his game pleasant to watch.

Plus as a Brit I really do want to see a British player finally win another major, preferably Wimbledon.

Finally, do people not think, despite disliking him, that he's too good a player not to win a grand slam? That it would be a real shame for him to finish his career without one?

Maybe I'm too much of a softie, but I don't like seeing good players not fulfill their potential.

The problem that many of us have with Murray is that he never shows enough bottle to go out and get the win.He lacks the WANT! Its almost as if he expects it to fall in his lap or to be given to him. Secondly, all his oncourt behaviour and foul mouth doesnt help anyone to endear to him. He is a petulant brat!
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2012 05:06 by Dark Necrofear.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Federerwatch Thread 20 Jun 2012 10:33 #26218

  • vivahate
  • vivahate's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 5542
  • Thank you received: 959
agreed Dark :yes:
The administrator has disabled public write access.